BCM - The set of folders cannot be opened. Store not configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JaRid55

I've now downloaded Business Contact Manager after the technology upgrade from Office Small Business 2007 to 2010. However there seems to be no change in Outlook, and I still get the message " The set of folders cannot be opened. Store not configured." when I click on the Business Contact manager folder.

R

Roady [MVP]

You're saying " still" . Does this mean BCM wasn't working before the upgrade either?

In that case, start with a new database or restore a backup which you knew still worked with BCM 2007. You'll then get prompted to upgrade the database.

Note that for BCM to work, Outlook and BCM both need to be from the same version (2010 in your case).

Robert Sparnaaij

J

JaRid55

Thanks Roady. Outlook and BCM are 2010, and as per other posts you had during June/July BCM stopped working when I upgraded from 2007 to 2010.

I'm not an IT person so can you give me some instructions on what you mean by " start with a new database....."

Cheers

J

JaRid55

I looked into your suggestions and felt really uncomfortable about setting up a new database. After trying a few things out what I discovered was that the BCM Dowload

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/download-business-contact-manager-for-outlook-2010-FX102232644.aspx

had not worked as I had had an Office application open during my original download, and thus when I did the download again everything slotted into place, and BCM is now running.

Thanks for your responses, even if you were on the wrong track!

R

Roady [MVP]

Thanks for your responses, even if you were on the wrong track!

Was I? Either there was no version of BCM installed then or you still had the old version of BCM installed, which would be the mixed version situation I mentioned ;-)

Either way, good to hear you've got it solved and thanks for reporting back your solution! :)

Robert Sparnaaij

Status
Not open for further replies.