Type Randomly Enlarging in Email Messages in Outlook 2010

• Thread starter Secret Vette Girl
  • Start date Views 906
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Secret Vette Girl

Hello. I bought a new Dell PC and Microsoft Office 2010 - home and business version - in September. When I send an email message, it randomly "blows up" lines of type to 100 point type. I notice it happens in my pre-set signature but it also happens in body copy of the email. I have searched high and low and can't find a solution to this issue.

My email type is set to Calibri body and signature to Arial.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? My clients think I'm being smart or yelling at them. :)

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Does it blow up on your side or only when they receive it? My guess is that you have a rogue style embedded somewhere in your e-mail template.

I'd be tempted to rename "normalemail.dotm" and let Outlook create a new one for you that hopefully doesn't exhibit that problem.

S

Secret Vette Girl

HI Ben - I can't see it blow up unless the person replies to me with the string (then I can see it). It's blowing up "en route" maybe? Everything looks fine on my end when I write and send it.

I'm not sure I know how to rename - are you referring to the template? I can try changing the fonts I'm using.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

If you look at the message in your Sent Items folder does it look normal?

S

Secret Vette Girl

If you look at the message in your Sent Items folder does it look normal?

Yes, the email messages look completely normal after they are in the sent folder. I double checked my sent items - and if there was a string of emails that had the expanded type, I can see it in the sent email, but only after I replied to the newest email in the string (I hope that makes sense). I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't seem like the type expands until after it's sent.

S

Secret Vette Girl

Are you using AVG 2011? This is a known issue with the AVG addin for Outlook. Disable the outlook addin to prevent future problems.

Hi Diane - I'm not sure what AVG 2011 is, but I just checked my addins and it doesn't appear there. Is there somewhere else I should look? Could you tell me what that addin does?

Status
Not open for further replies.