Updating Contact Groups in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kerry edwards

We have upgraded to outlook 2010 from 2007. My contacts and distribution lists from 2007 now appear in 2010. However when I change an email on a contact card and then go and click on update on their contact group the new email does not appear. IF I go to the contact group and delete the member and then add it in again then the new details do appear. AND funnily if I then change the email again for this member and press update on the contact list then the new details do appear. Does this mean I have to go to all names in the contact groups and delete and addin again in order for changes to contact cards to be reflected in the contact group when updated???

R

Russ Valentine

You are simply describing how " Update Now" has always functioned. Nothing has changed. DL's have always been a poor choice for grouping Contacts for this and other reasons. Most users have switched to using Categories to avoid these headaches.Russ Valentine

K

Kerry edwards

However in Outlook 2010 if I have added in the contact to the DL from 2010 (ie deleted and then added the same person again), then make a change to the email on the contact card and then press update in the DL then the changes are reflected. It is just the contacts which were in the DL when it was upgraded that dont reflect any changes when made to their cards.

R

Russ Valentine

Correct. Precisely the way its always been.If Update Now ever works, it will only be for Contacts and DL's that reside in the same folder in which they were orignally created. DL's in PST files have never survived transfer to a new location.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.