Subscribing to Shared Outlook Calendar 2007 / 2010 from invitation leads to user name and password request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gsaunders

I have Outlook 2010. I shared the calendar and used my live login as requested. This was shared as invitation only.

I then invited the users.

I went to one of the users and received the invitation email and clicked the subscribe to this calendar button. It then had a dialog saying "Add this internet calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates". I click yes. It shows a progress bar with the text "Contact Web Server" and then it prompts me for User Name and Password. In the dialog box it shows it is tohttps://calendars.microsoft.office.com/pubcalstorage/.....

What do I put in here??? Does the user subscribing via invitation need a live account as well? Does it have the email address used in the inviation?

I can't find any documentation on this and my search on google and here just reflects either a server problem or not solutions at all.

Thanks for your time.

G

gsaunders

The user that the invitation was sent to did not have a liveID. So what I did is I went and created a liveid for that person based on their email address.

It would not work until I verified the email address (as one would expect), but it is working.

I think the instructions Microsoft provides should be a bit more clear about each user in the whole process requiring a live account as I haven't seen this instruction yet in any documents I have seen. It does say the user setting up the share needs it, but it never clarifies all those subscribing needed a live account.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.