calendar: populate multiple appointment subject fields at once

• Thread starter jheartsill
  • Start date Views 794
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jheartsill

I have dozens of all-alike appointments which have blank subject fields. Is there any way to enter one subject into all of them at the same time?

(Incidentally, they are all properly categorized, all alike, and I want to give them all the same subject as their category title, because I will be exporting them into ical format, then google calendar, and in their final destination they will show up blank unless they have a subject.)

J

jheartsill

Tried grouping by subject and dragging a "none" entry into the newly minted subject group. However, I just got the "no" symbol. It wouldn't tag the subject in that manner.

Also tried in-cell editing, but it only affects one appointment at a time.

any other ideas?

thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Nope, those are the only ways within outlook - while incell editing is one at a time, its faster then opening and closing and you can use Ctrl+V to paste in the cell.

The other option is export to Excel and use Excel's fill feature, then import. It won't update the appointments, so you'll need to delete the no subject ones.

J

jheartsill

Unfortunately, exporting and importing doesn't work, because after the appointments are imported back in, Outlook loses its memory of the appointment durations-- even if the start/end times/dates are correct. The fresh entries simply have a duration field of "00:00" across the board. Very strange. I wish there were a way to force Outlook to re-calculate durations. Thanks for the attempt to help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.