Reformatting calendar; removing creator name from appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wohl3

We recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2010. I found two changes that I would like to reformat - combining Sat/Sun in one column to optimize the size of the weekdays on a monthly calendar and 2- eliminating the creator's name from appointments printed on the calendar.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Neither are possible in Outlook 2010.

If you use Exchange server, the admin can remove the organizer name from the subject in resource room calendar. Seehttp://www.slipstick.com/emo/2010/up100325.htm#1 This does not affect the calendar display for users as user's calendars display the organizer name but don't add it to the subject.

W

Wohl3

Diane,

Thanks for your reply. I'm really not happy with your answers but I don't have any choice, do I? i really don't understand why the organizer's name has to be on the calendar display - it is unnecessary. And now my monthly calendar has really small boxes for the weekdays and the font size has to be small to accommodate multiple listings on any day. Is there any way to get feedback to Microsoft about these issues? If I were able to do a monthly view as a workweek, that might alleviate my problem, but that option isn't available either. Why did they change something that wasn't a problem in the first place? This calendar has no flexibility to it all.

Thanks again for your reply.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
They had to drop the compressed weekends as the overlay doesn't support it (and they could not make it work) - this was introduced in Outlook 2007 and they are aware that some people want it back (along with the week planner view that is also gone, for the same reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.