Unable to delete multiple calendars (from multiple accounts); only want ONE.

• Thread starter MSFT Crabby Office Lady
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MSFT Crabby Office Lady

I have four accounts in one profile in Outlook 2010. Three are for business (two are Company/Exchange controlled, one is a Hotmail.com account where my blog/column readers can write to me) and one is a Live.com personal account.

InCalendars in the My Calendars group are 4 calendars: My regular one for work (" Calendar" ), my second one for work (“Crabby Office Lady”), my Hotmail account where people can write to me (“MSFTCrabby”), one called “US holidays, and one for my personal account (" none of your business" ).

I can understand why I can't delete the mainCalendar and the Crabby Office Lady calendar; I assume it has something to do with Exchange. Iwas able to delete the MSFTCrabby Hotmail account calendar (right-click > selectDelete) but when I try to delete the personal calendar, and the US holidays calendar, Delete is grayed out.

As a temporary workaround, I created a new group and dragged my main Calendar into it and clicked the little arrow next to the other group, " My Calendars" to hide the list of the calendars I don"t want. (There is an office.comarticle about calendar groups, and the last heading talks about how to delete a group, but again, delete is grayed out when I right-click that group that has all those annoying calendars.)

BUT: Why am I unable to delete the personal and the US holidays Calendars? Is this an Outlook setting that I simply cannot find? Is it something to do with the properties of the accounts that I simply cannot find?

Thanks for your help (Diane? :)
— Annik

(a.k.a. the Crabby Office Lady who, now you know, yes, also has problems that she can't solve on her own.)

Brian Tillman

Hotmail supplies the US Holiday calendar. You'd see it if you were to log into your Hotmail mailbox via a web browser. There is an option in Live Calendar (using the web iterface) to suppress the Holiday calendar, but I don't recall if it carries through to what you see in Outlook. Frankly, I never use it from Outlook (although I do access my Live account with Outlook, I idnore the calendars), I don't think you'll be able to delete the Calendar folder in the Hotmail folders, either. Any folders that Outlook creates without your intervention are protected from deletion. I suspect you can delete the " Crabby Office Lady" calendar if it's in the same Exchange mailbox as your main Calendar folder, but if it's the default calendar of another " Crabby Office Lady" mailbox, you probably won't be able to delete it.

M

MSFT Crabby Office Lady

Thanks very much for the info, Brian; I had a sneaking suspicion that what you said was the case but thought I might've missed something.
Thanks again,

— Annik

a.k.a. Crabby Office Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.