Contact's birthday changes after synchronization with Hotmail

• Thread starter glokhov
  • Start date Views 2,078
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glokhov

I use Outlook with my Hotmail account. When I add birthday to a contact and synchronize contacts with Hotmail, birthday in the Contact Window (Detail Page) is still correct, but birthday in the List View of all contacts is one day earlier (e.g. 12/23/2010 in the Contact Window and 12/22/2010 in the List View). Whatever I do, I always have the same one day difference after synchronization with Hotmail.

If I then synchronize my contacts in Nokia Ovi Suite with Outlook, I get wrong birthday from the List View.

Is there any solution for that issue?

G

glokhov

Begin by verifying that both the computer and hotmail account are set for the same time zone - if the birthdays are several hours earlier, then the time zone is not correct somewhere.

Time zone in Hotmail: Berlin, Deutschland - CET

Time zone on the computer and in Outlook: (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

I think it is the same time zone.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It should be the same time zone, unless the description confuses outlook. :) Open one of the events and click the Time Zone button what time zone is showing on the event?

G

glokhov

unless the description confuses outlook. :)

It's possible. The auto generated birthday event for contact's birthday has following description: (GMT+01:00) (no TZ description). It is UTC+01:00 in appointment recurrence settings tough, and it is disabled, so I can't change it.

I've found another time zone setting in hotmail calendar options and it is (GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna. So I'm confused now... I have three time zone settings:

1. Time zone in Hotmail: Berlin, Deutschland - CET

2. Time zone in Hotmail Calendar: (GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

3. Time zone on the computer and in Outlook: (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

:( Any ideas?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I think I'm as confused as Outlook. <g> I'm pretty sure its the TZ descriptions now - a few weeks ago someone had a similar complaint about meetings generated in a different application and UTC/GMT designations - but i have no idea how to fix it. Part of the problem is related to outlook 2010's ability to set all day events on one day, regardless of the time zone (unlike in older versions where events moved to 11 pm - 11pm if you moved 1 time zone).

If you make a new all day event in outlook's calendar directly, is is the date correct after syncing with hotmail?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Oh, also - I'm assuming the date is wrong using the day /week /month views. The start and ending dates in list view can be confusing as all day events run 12 AM - 12 AM the next day, leading more than one person to think the event is 2 days. This generally does not cause issue with syncing to devices so I don't think its your problem, but wanted to mention it just in case.

G

glokhov

Whatever I do with birthday events in calender, all remains the same. So, I thik it has nothing to do with calendar. The question is - why the date changes in birthday column in list view to one day erlier (and only after synchronization with hotmail)? The date in person's contact card remains correct. And why third party applications syncronize with that wrong birthday from the ilst view, and not from person's contact card correct one?

P.S. Should I reprort a bug to outlook team?

Status
Not open for further replies.