why "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid"?

• Thread starter JeffDavis
  • Start date Views 5,263
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeffDavis

For some reason, all of a sudden I am seeing a box pop up while using my Outlook 2003 that says " Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" .

Often, I see that it has popped up when I come back after I have been away from the computer

I don't know what I might have changed in my settings that may have caused this to happen. When I have this site's window open over the top of Outlook and the box, if I click the Reminders link down below beside the START button, it pops up that little error box along with the Reminders box.

When I see this box, I just click the OK button (the only button) and Outlook seems to run just fine.

I have noticed that it pops up that same box twice in a row when it pops it.

R

Roady [MVP]

Can you repro this issue in Outlook Safe Mode?

Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe

(note the space in the command)

If it works now, your issue is most likely caused by an add-in.

Which add-ins do you have installed?

Disable them all and see if the issue still occurs. If not, you can enable them one-by-one to find the culprit. For details see;

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88

Robert Sparnaaij

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

What type of email account is configured in Outlook (POP, IMAP or Exchange)?

If you have configured Exchange account, you may want to refer to the article KB 197036.

If you have configured a POP or and IMAP account in Outlook then refer to the article KB 823475.

Status
Not open for further replies.