Outlook 2003 won't connect to Hotmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackie.burns

This is the error message: Task 'Hotmail:Folder:Inbox Synchronizing Headers' reported error (0x800CCC33): " Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. The server responded 'Forbidden'.'

I've used Connector before--and loved it--but I had to replace my hard drive this summer, and the problems started then. I can still use Hotmail online--with the same account & password, but I prefer Outlook because of fonts, & easier junk mail folders. I've re -downloaded Connector 3 times--once using Explorer, twice using Mozilla, and it makes no difference. When I go to send/receive, I get this error message.

J

jackie.burns

This is the error message: Task 'Hotmail:Folder:Inbox Synchronizing Headers' reported error (0x800CCC33): " Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. The server responded 'Forbidden'.'

I've used Connector before--and loved it--but I had to replace my hard drive this summer, and the problems started then. I can still use Hotmail online--with the same account & password, but I prefer Outlook because of fonts, & easier junk mail folders. I've re -downloaded Connector 3 times--once using Explorer, twice using Mozilla, and it makes no difference. When I go to send/receive, I get this error message.
*OOOPS! This might be a double-post. But I didn't want to take the chance and close the tab.*

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What anti-virus software are you using? You might try disabling it, temporarily as a test, and see if the problem persists.

J

jackie.burns

STILL not resolved. I even closed Outlook and re-started my computer. Re-entered my hotmail account info, and specified the info about my internet connection and got the exact same error message when I hit Send/Receive: Task 'Hotmail:Folder:Inbox Synchronizing Headers' reported error (0x800CCC33): " Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. The server responded 'Forbidden'.' It was even the same error code--but that's probably just a generic code. So, am I S-O-L(sorry, out of luck) as far as Outlook Connector? I use Norton 360 as anti-virus protection now, as opposed to McAfee before when it worked--is that the issue?

R

Relative Ray

How is the Hotmail a/c configured in Outlook?

Install OL connector and then try to configure email a/c

J

jackie.burns

as the default email. I even un-installed my Norton anti-virus and tried that....I checked the tasks of the error message, and it said that sending was ok, just the sychronizing headers...

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

This might sound like a silly question but, just to be clear...you say you downloaded the Hotmail Connector....but did you INSTALL the Hotmail connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.