Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2k3 back end running VERY VERY slow...

• Thread starter SierraPhotog
  • Start date Views 700
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SierraPhotog

Hi, all! Client workstations are Win7/Pro with Office 2010; back-end is Exchange 2003 on Server 2k3 R2.

On every machine that we roll out, Outlook 2010 is running extremely slow for the first few days, almost to the point of being unusable. The first time I launch it (for example) I just walk away for 2 hours, because on any mouse click it freezes ("not responding"). Opening emails can take several minutes, and in general navigating causes Outlook to freeze for several minutes. Eventually (a few days later) the serious lags go away, but in general the performance of Outlook 2010 is extremely poor (to the point that I'm about to suggest uninstalling Outlook 2010 and installing Outlook 2007).

Windows Search plug-in is not enabled; no large PST files are being opened. Is there something on the back end we should configure differently for Outlook 2010? Are there any specific configuration things we should be looking at on Exchange? Deleting and re-creating the client-side profile had no effect.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

S

Steven Moede

Two questions that might help point you in the right direction...

Do you use a desktop security solution that integrates with Outlook to scan e-mail in real-time?

Is Outlook 2010 running in cached mode?

"SierraPhotog" wrote in message news:b3865bba-6618-48af-9f14-efdf3bce1dd3@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi, all! Client workstations are Win7/Pro with Office 2010; back-end is Exchange 2003 on Server 2k3 R2.

On every machine that we roll out, Outlook 2010 is running extremely slow for the first few days, almost to the point of being unusable. The first time I launch it (for example) I just walk away for 2 hours, because on any mouse click it freezes ("not responding"). Opening emails can take several minutes, and in general navigating causes Outlook to freeze for several minutes. Eventually (a few days later) the serious lags go away, but in general the performance of Outlook 2010 is extremely poor (to the point that I'm about to suggest uninstalling Outlook 2010 and installing Outlook 2007).

Windows Search plug-in is not enabled; no large PST files are being opened. Is there something on the back end we should configure differently for Outlook 2010? Are there any specific configuration things we should be looking at on Exchange? Deleting and re-creating the client-side profile had no effect.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.