Outlook 2007 hangs on a message that is displayed in preview mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Art T.

When I open Outlook it just hangs on the top message in my inbox which is displayed in preview mode. This message may be contaminated with malware. Outlook is executing something as I am getting 25% processor utilization and network activity. Can I eliminate the message without opening Outlook?

W

WillTell

Open Outlook>>>>click File>>>>click Work Offline>>>>close Outlook>>>>open Outlook>>>>Delete E-Mail>>>>close Outlook>>>>open Outlook, click File, uncheck Work Offline

HTH

>WT<

A

Art T.

Tried that but didn't work because it hangs immediately upon opening because the suspicious message is at the top of the inbox. It won't respond to any keystroke or mouse click. Any other ideas?

W

WillTell

At this point, I think it would be best for one of the to chime in.

Good luck.

>WT<

N

Natasha Dsouza

What is the account type configured in your Outlook (POP, IMAP , MAPI, exchange)?

Use the Inbox repair tool mentioned in the KB article below and check if it helps resolve the issue:

Scan and repair corrupted Outlook data files.

If the issue persists, Try to launch Outlook in safe mode and check if the same issue occurs.

1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run

2. Copy and paste the content below and press Enter:
Outlook /safe

If Outlook works fine in safe mode you may want to check which add-ins are the causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.