Outlook 2010 - Freezing and Slowness

• Thread starter LoganBrady
  • Start date Views 1,280
L

LoganBrady

Just installed MS Office 2010 on my new machine (Lenovo ThinkPad, Win7HP 64 bit, 2.3 Ghz Dual Core AMD, 4gb RAM) and I am running into alot of problems with Outlook. I was able to purchase MS Office 2010 PP from my workplace which has an MS alliance. The issues are that it is very slow to display when navigating between e-mails and more often than not it goes into a freeze / not responding (at which point I close the program). If it is shut because of remaining in not responding it requires a restart of the machine in order to start Outlook back up. I have no idea what could be causing this issue, but I will gladly listen and try any and all advice given.

R

Russ Valentine

Need more information. Was this a clean install of Outlook? If so, how did you configure your Outlook profile and with what mail account type(s)?

Russ Valentine

L

LoganBrady

It was a clean install and I have in fact uninstalled and reinstalled as well as ran the repair several times. I added my gmail account through the automatic detect server settings wizard for general mail accounts. It is setup as an IMAP account. I removed the profile and then added it back as well. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide you with.

R

Russ Valentine

Don't add back the same Outlook profile. Create a brand new profile from scratch with a unique name and do not use autoconfiguration for your account. Is gmail your only account and do you want it set up as IMAP?Russ Valentine

L

LoganBrady

Russ,

You are the man! I re-installed tonight and created a completely new profile and set it up as POP. Outlook runs seamlessly now!