How do I import e-mails, folders with saved e-mails, contacts and calender to Office 2010.

K

KenB54

Computer with XP and Office 2007 crashed. New computer Windows 7 and Office 2010. Files restored from Carbonite. How do I import e-mails, folders with saved e-mails, contacts and calender to Office 2010.

G

Gordon B-P

Computer with XP and Office 2007 crashed. New computer Windows 7 and Office 2010. Files restored from Carbonite. How do I import e-mails, folders with saved e-mails, contacts and calender to Office 2010.
You don't. Depending on how Carbonite restores files you OPEN the restored pst file in Outlook.

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

If you"re able to get the outlook data file (.PST) without any issues, then you can directly place the file in the location 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Outlook Files" and open it in Outlook. The steps below will help you in opening the data file in Outlook 2010 and setting it as default.

1) Click on "File > Open > Open Outlook data file"

2) Select the old .PST file and click Open

3) Now click on "File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings" and then click on the "Data files" tab

4) Select the old .PST file and click on the "Set as Default" option and then on Yes

5) Close Outlook and open it