How do I customise the views from the little buttons on the status bar?

J

Jason404

While in the Mail section, there are two little buttons at the bottom, on the status bar, to the right, next to the zoom slider.

As my laptop only has a 1280x800 screen, I use the Reading View quite a lot, so that I can read email properly when I do not need the other panels.

But when I switch nack to normal view, the Tasks pane appears, even when it was not visible before I switched to Reading View.

Ideally it would remember whether the Tasks pane was visible or not, but I am doubtful if that is possible.

So, is it possible to customise the Normal View, so that the Tasks pane does not appear? I only want to view the Tasks pane occasionally, when I click on the minimised area.

(for some reason this post is turning up in grey text, and I have no idea how to fix it)

R

Roady [MVP]

No, there is no option to define that. You can toggle the To-Bar state via ALT+F2 though, perhaps that helps a little and reduces some mouse movement.

J

Jason404

That's a pity. I'd say that is a UI usability oversight from Microsoft.

R

Roady [MVP]

Yeah, adding a few more View Shortcuts might have been nice (the Calendar has 4 so it is possible in the current design). You can contact Microsoft Product Support to make it an official feature suggestion for the next version of Outlook (or on rare occassions a Service Pack or Hotfix design change).