Outlook Connector - Hotmail ; The set of folders cannot be opened...... xyz_hotmail.ost is not an of

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drew_71

After installing an series of updates (Windows 7), the working version of Outlook connector (for Outlook 2007) has failed to link to my hotmail account, no matter what I have tried. After countless unitstall/re-install and other fixes all seem fruitless. I still get the same message.....

" The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\xxxxxx_hotmail.ost is not an offline folder"

Every thing from repairing the .ost folder to creating new accounts has failed.

I am desperately seeking a solution to this problem. Many Thanks

D

Drew_71

Thank you Vinay for your response, but this has not worked either. Creating a new profile stalls when the account is being verified. " Log on to Server" has an''X'' next to it. After going through the " Create a new profile" link you posted.

I click retry and then it cycles through the process again, but when it fails the second time, the tick box for 'manual configuration' (bottom left of window) automatically ticks and opens up more options. I cancel out of this and it returned me to the Mail setup general window and I left the incompleted profile there and closed out.

Once again I made sure I downloaded your link to Outlook Connector. When I opened Outlook and selected the hotmail " profile" it asked me to re-configure again, (as this failed initially as a new profile in the Mail Set Up window) I then tried again to enter my Name, Email address and Password.

The new profile name from my hotmail was added to the list of Outlook folders on the right etc, but as soon as I click on them to open the hotmail folder I had the same message as my original error message, but with a " ........ xxxxxx_hotmail0.ost is not an offline folder"

If I sound desperate I am.

B

Brightner

Just create an new profile in outlook. Hope you can follow the above links.

Just create an new profile from control panel> mail> then select this profile to be the default profile.

In manual configuration select outlook connector then enter the credentials> ok

Keep Eye on your TIME, Not on your WATCH.

D

Drew_71

I have had no luck at all with the new Hotmail profile, again I am finding that once all the set up completed Outlook recognises the Hotmail profile but I cannot send from this or receive emails. When the profile is selected and the and the Manual Config setting for Outlook connector are ticked you only get a choice of your Name. email address and password and the whole thing just fails again with the same message. When the Outlook connector worked previously it was effortless and worked well. Now nothing works other than Windows Live, but I would prefer to just use Outlook. " What is an offline folder anyway and why is this causing the problem. Any ideas or am I just missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.