Outlook deletes email after 7 days from inbox only

• Thread starter Pauliewog
  • Start date Views 4,099
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pauliewog

Hello everyone,

I have a strange Outlook (2007) question for you. I have a user who's email is being deleted every 7 days. This started about 3 weeks ago and it is only happening to this person. I have checked their auto archive options which I have turned off, I have changed the users password (in case it was a security issue) I have turned off the mailbox cleanup option, I have checked my exchange server for any storage limits or settings to delete email. I have even checked her Current View which is set to messages. If i highlight the inbox and select Tools --> Recover Deleted Items, they all come back.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Do they have any other devices checking their mailbox? Another computer? Blackberry?

Any unusual add-ins installed in Outlook?

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Check if you have any rules created under tools and remove the rules and check. Then try to check with Outlook. If you still face issues, create a new profile and check.

Refer the link to create a new Outlook profile.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Ganesh Kumar N

P

Pauliewog

The user has a blackberry which she can access and modify her email but I've already asked her if she deletes anything from her phone. There are no other add-ins within Outlook that I can find. She does have some rules on her inbox that i've asked her to remove to see if they are causing the problem.

K

Kathleen Orland [MVP]

What happens if you remove all integration with Outlook by anything external (AV, synch software, etc.)?

Start Outlook in safe mode. Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe (note the space between outlook.exe and /safe)

or

Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe (same space)
Microsoft

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Logon to outlook web access (OWA) and check if you have the same issue with the inbox. If you face the same issue with OWA, you have to contact the IT administrator.

Ganesh Kumar N

AhmedIndia

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
In tool bar (advance ) there is option for Current View check in that , is it selected for "Last Sevan days"

If yes Select "Massages" In that,

Status
Not open for further replies.