Creating personal folders on outlook 2010 and setting properties.

• Thread starter Ageisjustanumber
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ageisjustanumber

On my outlook 2007, I have many personal folders where I put items from certain people. Those items may be pictures from my phone, e-mails, etc.. with no way to identify them under a certain catagory as 2010 trys to do with search folders, and I can find no way to create standard folders which are not search folders.

Also, the search folders copy everything as opposed to moving it, and it is still linked to the in box so that I have duplicates of everything and when I try to delete the inbox copy it deletes the one in the search folder as well.

Is there any way to change the properties on the search folders?

NOT HAPPY WITH 2010 OUTLOOK SO FAR.

thanks,

Andy

A

Andre Da Costa [MVP]

For Microsoft Outlook issues, you should post your question in Microsoft Outlook Answers Forum. This forum is for Windows 7 issues.

Outlook questions? -Answers Home PageTeching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks | Microsoft MVP

P

Palcouk

On my outlook 2007, I have many personal folders where I put items from certain people. Those items may be pictures from my phone, e-mails, etc.. with no way to identify them under a certain catagory as 2010 trys to do with search folders, and I can find no way to create standard folders which are not search folders.

Also, the search folders copy everything as opposed to moving it, and it is still linked to the in box so that I have duplicates of everything and when I try to delete the inbox copy it deletes the one in the search folder as well.

Is there any way to change the properties on the search folders?

NOT HAPPY WITH 2010 OUTLOOK SO FAR.

thanks,

Andy

Search folders are simply filtered views, they are not seperate folders, therefore you will see the behaviour you complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.