How do I find which folder an open email resides in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason404

When I have an email open, usually opened from Tasks/To-Do, I sometimes need to know which folder it currently resides in, due to the way my filing system works.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Are you talking about the e-mails or the tasks in Outlook?

Outlook does not have any automatic option with the help of which we can find out to which folder the particular e-mail or Task belongs to, you have to check it manually.

J

Jason404

I am referring to emails that have been set with a To-Do flag (or any open emails really).

I really cannot understand why Outlook cannot tell you where an item is stored while it is open. There surely is no technical reason, so why?

It's also very strange that Outlook STILL cannot define task dependencies, but that is another matter. While Outlook is an important part of my life, and countless others, it seems incredible that there are such omissions in what is otherwise a very complex and possibly over-complicated (but poweful) PIM program, used by ahuge amount of people.

J

Jason404

I am hoping that this can solve my problem, but could you please briefly describe how it is to be used?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.