Cannot Display the Folder. The account is not properly configured.

• Thread starter billt_houston
  • Start date Views 1,543
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billt_houston

I recently set up my email accounts in Outlook 2010. I have a total of 8 accounts. I imported the accounts from my old computer using the export import function.

All of the accounts mover properly with one exception. During the process an email account was created called " - Bill T(2)"

I would like to remove this account as it is an error. When I try and open the inbox it says " Cannot Display the Folder. The account is not properly configured."

So I went into Files Account settings and there is NO " - BillT(2)" account listed in the email account settings. I then went into the Data Files tab and found the account. But when I try and remove it I get the message that this data file is associated with an email account and I should use the email tab to remove it.

How can I remove this account since it does not appear in the email accounts listing? Thanks

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Click on each of the e-mail accounts in the Account Settings dialog and look at the bottom of the dialog where it says which folder that account delivers mail to. Probably one of them is an Inbox in the Bill T(2) folder. Change it to the folder you want it to go to then try again to remove the Bill T(2) data file from the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.