File->Archive menu option has disappeared in Outlook 2007, and AutoArchive settings are also no long

• Thread starter SynthDan
  • Start date Views 2,341
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SynthDan

Hello everybody,
I'm using Outlook 2007 SP2, on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and this setup has worked great for a year. However, something has happened that has caused my File->Archive menu option to no longer be available. In addition, the Auto Archive settings in the Tools->Options menu is also missing. These features have always worked fine but now they have vanished.
I searched around the internet and discovered that this has happened to others, but I have not found a solution. I'm the administrator on a single-user computer. There's no group policy or anything. Does anyone know what could cause this or have recommendations to fix the problem? I've tried erasing my archive.pst file (didn't help), using the .pst error checking tool, using the Help->Office Diagnostics, etc., but nothing seems to make any difference.
Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

S

SynthDan

Here are some other things I have tried that have not worked:

1) Starting Outlook in /safe mode

2) Installing the Office policy definitions to see if something was set, and using the local policy editor to view them. Every relevant setting I checked were all set to Not Configured.

3) Resetting the menu, and deleting outcmd.dat. This did not help.

I can manually move files from the Inbox and other folders to the Archive file, so it's not the end of the world, but it's still so strange that the menu item just vanished.

Thanks,

Dan

S

SynthDan

Thank you -- good to know it's a known issue and not just me!

Thanks,

Dan

P

phillaube

The download link returns that it was unable to find a file. Is there a way to force this to reload in Windows update? I'm running this in XP.

Addendum: My update history in Windows update says that this was installed. However, I is also close to the date that the error started.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

The date on the new patch should be December 17th. Try the link again - maybe it was just down for a brief bit? Seems to be working for me now.

P

phillaube

Still no help. Tried to refresh the page and in another browser in case I had a cache issue I didn't get. The download link ofhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C5AB9C27-1953-424A-95F9-C589A73BFCA1 still returns that it can find no results and the redirects to a bing search page with the spanice and italian versions of the kb article. (the link doesn't work on either of these pages either). The results don't feel like I'm being blocked by our firewall or the like.

I uninstalled the patch and my archive is now back. Maybe the next update will pull the new/correct version of the patch? Thanks for the great info.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Sorry folks - I just checked on it and sure enough their download page

seems to be broken. I notified the Outlook team and hopefully they'll

have it back on its feet shortly.

M

miltdoesitbest

Solution working like a charm for me too. Autoarchive back and so is original performace, not degraded anymore. Thanks much. Milton

Status
Not open for further replies.