socket error 11001, error # ox800cccod when e-mailing and sending attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeannez

Remember - This is a public forum so never post private information such as email or phone numbers!

Ideas:

Programs you are having problems with Error messages Recent changes you made to your computer What you have already tried to fix the problem

E

Ezil Vinoth

Which operating system are you working with?

Do you use any email client like Outlook or Outlook express or Windows mail etc.?

How are you sending emails?

Provide more information to help you better.

J

Jeannez

OK, let me see if I can get this right. I have windows vista and I am using microsoft office for word and excel. I have AT&T/yahoo, via firefox as my e-mail and whenever, now and in the past I do a word document or excel I have never been able to send the worksheet via e-mail as an attachment. I always had to copy and paste directly to my e-mail, which doesn't work well. So when in Microsoft office I go to file and send, it gets me to a list of e-mails that go no where. That is when I get the error. I have spent days on this researching error code through windows and it tells me about the WSAHOST and describes it as no such host known and it gives a work around in the windows messaging subsystem. My problem is being stupid and not knowing what they want me to do with the string values. Can you make this simple for me to understand and tell me exactly what to do? I hope I answered your questions. Thanks Jeannez

E

Ezil Vinoth

Which version Office are you using (Office 2003, 2007 or 2010)?

Does this issue occur only if you send attachments from Word and Excel?

Try to save the file on the desktop, open new mail and click on attach file and browse to desktop and select the attachment to send and verify the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.