subject line on auto reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mamasinger7

We receive orders via email, and have set up an auto reply so the customer knows the order has been received. How do I set that auto reply so that the subject line is the same as the subject line in the original message?

S

Sachin Shetty

Check this link and create a rule to setup an automatic reply to the emails which you receive.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
the link is working here, but you only need it if you need help creating a rule that replies with a template.

Create a template containing the reply you want to send (use plain text format for the template). Then create a rule to reply with this template.

M

mamasinger7

The link works now, figures. BUT - still not the answer I need. I know how to set up the template. What I need to know ishow to get the subject line from the incoming email to show up on the subject line of the autoreply. I have set a subject on the autoreply. If I leave it blank will it default to the subject line from the incoming email? I have customers sending us orders with the order number in the subject line, and our auto reply is designed to give them an ETA on their orders BUT without the order number appearing in the subject line on the auto reply, they don't know which order the ETA applies to. Thanks in advance for helping me!

Status
Not open for further replies.