Outlook 2010: Rule to move sent emails doesn't start if I Use "Send To" command on a file on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oemme

Hello, I have this problem:

I have more than 1 imap accounts using Outlook 2010.

To move the sent emails to sent folder on imap account I use rules to process emails after sending.

When I send a file by e-mail by clicking the " e-mail this file" from Windows Explorer and use my IMAP account, the mail is placed in the Sent Items folders of the Personal Folders and not in the Sent Items folder of the IMAP account.

With Outlook 2007 and rules all did work fine, now using Outlook 2010 this doest'n works.

I know that I can set to save all sent emails on imap account directly, but it doesn't work too in this case (using email this file).

Thank you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm surprised the rule to move sent items doesn't work - its applied at send. The option to save sent items in Outlook 2010 may be set o a new message at a point before the Send to hooks in to start a new message, so i'm not too surprised that option doesn't work (although it should).

If you use the Save sent item to command on the message, does it save in the correct folder? (Screenshot of this command:http://slipstick.me/jing/save_001.png)

O

oemme

Diane, thank you for your attention.

Rule doesn't work, I'm surprised too (Outllook 2007 doesn't have this problem).

Yes, If I use " Save sent item to" it save in the correct folder (The option " Use default folder" is deselected), can I save this option for all messages?

The same issue :

Using " Save and Send To" command in Word 2010 Using a saved message as .msg file, like a draft for others messages. But it remember the option " Use default folder" .

Many Thanks.

O

oemme

I find a workaround writing a vbs ( Thank you to http://smmeyer.com/scribble/?p=48 ) and replacing original Mail Recipient file ( %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo ).

Now all options are set correctly!

Option Explicit

Dim objArgs, OutApp, oNameSpace, oInbox, oEmailItem, olMailItem

Dim a, oAttachments, subjectStr, olFormatHTML

olMailItem = 0

olFormatHTML = 2

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments 'gets paths of selected files

Set OutApp = CreateObject(" Outlook.Application" ) 'opens Outlook

Set oEmailItem = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) ' opens new email

For a = 0 to objArgs.Count - 1

Set oAttachments = oEmailItem.Attachments.Add(objArgs(a))

subjectStr = subjectStr & Right(objArgs(a),Len(objArgs(a))-(InStrRev(objArgs(a)," \" ))) & " , " 'recreates the default Subject e.g. Emailing: file1.doc, file2.xls

Next

If subjectStr = " " then subjectStr = " No Subject "

oEmailItem.Subject = " Emailing: " & Left(subjectStr, (Len(subjectStr)-2))

oEmailItem.BodyFormat = olFormatHTML

oEmailItem.Display
( ... From - http://smmeyer.com/scribble/?p=48 ...)

Now remain " Save and Send to" command in Word 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.