I do not want to receive msn.entertainment, msn.finances, msnnbc emails. They clog up my system. I also want to put a vacation notice on my Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diane Goldie

1. I daily receive about 150 e-mails in my unread mailbox from msnbc, msnentertainment, msn finances, etc. I do NOT want to receive these....they clog up my mailbox and take time every day to delete. How do I fix it so I won't get these anymore?

2. Vacation notice....how do I put a vacation notice on my emails so people know I am not responding because I am on vacation?

G

Gordon B-P

1. I daily receive about 150 e-mails in my unread mailbox from msnbc, msnentertainment, msn finances, etc. I do NOT want to receive these....they clog up my mailbox and take time every day to delete. How do I fix it so I won't get these anymore?

Are you sure these are emails and not RSS feeds? Look in the RSS Feed folder.

2. Vacation notice....how do I put a vacation notice on my emails so people know I am not responding because I am on vacation?

Unless yoiu have an Exchange email accou8nt there's not an easy way to do this. If your mail provider supplies a webmail service (and most do these days) then there may well be a function there for an "on vacation" notice.

D

Diane Goldie

You are correct. I did find them in my RSS Feeds folder.....they are in bold. How do I eliminate these? I tried clicking on them and nothing happens. They are in my "Go" Tab, under folders.

G

Gordon B-P

You are correct. I did find them in my RSS Feeds folder.....they are in bold. How do I eliminate these? I tried clicking on them and nothing happens. They are in my "Go" Tab, under folders.

Several steps.

Firstly remove the feeds from Outlook. Do Tools-Account Settings and click on the RSS feeds tab. Remove all the feeds there. Then you need to remove them from IE. Click on the Favorites button then the Feeds tab, and delete them there.

In Outlook you should be able to just delete the folders in the Feeds folder...

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.