Large file started sending from outlook 2003 now cant delete it

• Thread starter Brian - SD
  • Start date Views 700
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian - SD

This large file is now in my outbox and won't allow me to delete it even when offline? It says message has already been partially sent... any way to delete this large file? I have also tried dragging it to the trash but it won't go.

R

Russ Valentine

If you were actually offline, you could delete it. Set Outlook to work offline from the File menu. Restart Outlook. Delete the message from your Outbox.Russ Valentine

B

Brian - SD

I know I was offline because I was able to open other emails that were in my inbox and print them... vrs when I was online it wouldn't let me do anything other than show me it was sending/receiving then froze up so when I re-booted I immediately set it to work offine from the file menu. I think its because outlook started sending it and I had to hit re-set button because it froze in middle of sending.??

B

Brian - SD

I will try to restart again now that I am offline and see if that does it... That would make sense...thanks

R

Russ Valentine

You won't be offline until Outlook fully exits. Use Task Manager to make sure Outlook is exiting completely. The stalled message transmission will not prevent Outlook from exiting completely, but you may have a lot of other add-ins that do.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.