Problem sending emails with attachments over 5 mb

• Thread starter easygeeze
  • Start date Views 625
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

easygeeze

Hi

I keep getting the following message"5.1.0 - Unknown address error 552-'5.2.0 DLBQ1f03b5Hoaeu01LBRee message size is too big" I've uninstalled my Norton anitvirus and tried again with the same outcome, reading through the forums they seem to propose that the file size limit is an ISP /ESP problem. I've spoken to my provider who is adamant that they set no limit whatsoever, I've run MS office diagnostics with no problem reported, my .pst file is compacted and 548mb in size. I can send emails with up to 5mb via myweb based email account but they specify that 5mb is their limit which would seem to point the problem at MS Outlook. I've tried everything I can think of but have now turned full circle. I'm using Win7 Pro 64 bit with Norton Internet Security 2011 as my AV

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Is your web-based email account the SAME account you're connecting with Outlook to?

These errors are almost ALWAYS ISP issues. The other possibility is that the person you're sending the message to has an ISP that limits the size of INBOUND messages.

E

easygeeze

I've used the same ISP for for both original tests and I've tried sending the email to another pop 3 account I have with a different ESP and once again I was unable to send it. Talktalk is adamant that there are no size limits on my account, it looks like the error code is being generated by Outlook but I can find no reference to it anywhere on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.