New created rules are missing or not shown

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F_E_O_S

Hi,

I have W7 32BIT (prof) with MS Standard Office 2010 (Version 14.0.4760.1000) installed. Connection to Exchange server with local pst.

Imported PST -> fine and works

But all rules are missing (upgrade from 2007 to 2010). So now imported all my rules and they will be shown. I just need to resetup the location where the mails should be filed. This locations where droped while importing them.

Message : Some of tehre rules do not have all of there options set. If you save your rules these rules with missing options will be deactivated. Do you want to save your rules?

I have saved it and reconfigured all the folders.

Now this rules are working.

But when I create new rule this rule will be processed one time after while creating it.

But then the rule is missing and can't be found at manage rules and alert. so it is not possible to create new rules.

I tried already outlook.exe /cleanrules several time.

I have imported the pst second time still the same.

I think the main point is the I have ticked the upgrade rules button.

So I have 2 Questions:

1. is it possible to revert the upgrade rules?

2. any ideas where my rules can be found?

Thanks and best regards,

F_E_O_S

R

Roady [MVP]

There was never any need to export/import your pst-file and that is probably where you went wrong. Also, why do you have your delivery location set to a pst-file when you are using Exchange?

1) No, but that is not the cause of your problems either. Upgrading your rules would mean that some of them won't be compatible with previous versions of Outlook anymore. Had you left your default delivery location to the Exchange server, or had you migrated the pst-file properly (not used export/import) then all your rules would still have been there and working.

2) That would depend on whether the new rules have been stored in the pst-file or on the Exchange server. Which data store is listed first in Outlook and which data stores are listed when you open the " Manage Rules & Alerts" dialog?

Robert Sparnaaij

F

F_E_O_S

Import was the last solution to get a new pst files.

Because th issues was also there with just opening the pst.

1. The exchange has a size limit. So we need to download the mail to local pst file.

2. at the left site the pst will be shown at first.

But while setup a new rules and change the location for save the mail the default location is always the exchange location.

F

F_E_O_S

Update!

I found out now tht creating new rules at the manage rules screen will be shown and work as expected.

Only the possibility for new quik rules over select mail -> right klick -> create rule is not working!

regards,

F_E_O_S

R

Roady [MVP]

Update!

I found out now tht creating new rules at the manage rules screen will be shown and work as expected.

Only the possibility for new quik rules over select mail -> right klick -> create rule is not working!

regards,

F_E_O_S

Correct, because they have been received by an Exchange server and creating a rule directly from a message will store that rule in the Exchange mailbox which you are bypassing in your setup.

So I guess your issue is solved now? ;-)

Robert Sparnaaij

F

F_E_O_S

is there any possibility to change that default?

The main issue has been solved so far.

Thanks

R

Roady [MVP]

No, it's a result of going cross-datastore. You can ask your manager for a more workable mailbox size or continue to use the Exchange mailbox and then archive to a pst-file on a regular basis. Personally, I'd try it in that order and would only use the pst-file on a permanent basis as a last resort.

Robert Sparnaaij

Status
Not open for further replies.