outlook keeps files sent as attachments locked after email has been sent...

• Thread starter aperezd
  • Start date Views 1,542
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aperezd

Whenever I send an email with an attachemtn coming from a USB device, after I send the message out. The device can not be ejected. I have to shutdown outlook before I can eject the device where the file was stored. This is clearly a bug in outlook forgetting to unlock the file once it is read, attached to the message and sent... No big deal, just annoying... any in MS checking this forums and can start an issue tracking or something?

A

aperezd

Yes I do have Office SP2 installed.

In the office computer they use McAffee Antivirus (don't remember if it is set up to scan outgoing mail, but i don't think so), in my home PC I use the free version of AVG Antivirus which I just checked and IT IS NOT set up to scan outgoing mail. The problem presents itself both in the office computer and at home with different AV software, so I am pretty sure the problems is in Outlook...

Thanks for the suggestions though.

APD

G

Guruprasad Ra

Try working in clean boot and check if it helps.

Refer the link below to start the system in clean boot mode.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting reset the computer to start as usual.

If you are able to work in clean boot mode, this might be due to a non-Microsoft Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.