Outlook 2010 Combining Rules for POP account and Exchange Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JEHill

I have tried to create rules for three accounts I have in a single profile. I created a new profile and manually added the three accounts one at a time. I have a POP account and two Exchange accounts.

When I look in Manage Rules & Alerts, in the Apply changes to this folder: drop down box, the POP account and the primary Exchange account are together. The other Exchange account is by itself with its own rules.

How do I define and configure things so I can have seperate rules for all three accounts?

James

J

JEHill

I have updated to Office 2010 Home & Student and Outlook 2010 (a standalone install.)

Thanks for the links. I have seen those before.

Again...When I look in Manage Rules & Alerts, in the Apply changes to this folder: drop down box, the POP account and the primary Exchange account are together. Meaning to me that when a rule is created, it is applied to both accounts. In other words, no matter which account an incoming message is destined, the same rule is use. And in my case where I want to put messages in subfolders in the appropriate inbox, the messages will all go to the same folder. This is not what I want to happen.

How do I get unique rules created for my accounts.

Thanks

James

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

How did you add the second exchange account in Outlook 2003?

This is how rules work - all pop and the exchange account (or first in Outlook 2010) in one set of rules, each imap, hotmail connector, (and additional exchange accounts in Outlook 2010) have their own set of rules.

if you want rules to apply only to exchange or pop, you need to add the condition received on _____ account' to the rule.

J

JEHill

The first Exchange account was automatically configured from the server and the second one I manually added and configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.