MS Outlook 2007 sent items disappear in Sent Item Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vlad77

Hello,

It could be worn out subject but anyway. For some reason my Outlook 2007 Client dosn't want to save sent e-mails in Sent Item Folder.

It happend oneday and I can't sort it out. Thing is it appears there for, let say 5-6 seconds, and disappeared afterwards. There are no specific rules set up, the check box *Save Copy of Messages in Sent Items Folder* is checked on, the Current View shows all messages.

So, I don't know what to do. Has anybody encountered such a problem?

R

Raju S Das

Ensure that there are no rules created which moves emails from "Sent Items" folder to another folder. If found delete them.

If you do not have any such rule created, then create a new Outlook profile and check if it resolves the issue.

Check the link below for information on creating new profile in outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

V

vlad77

Hello

Still doesn't work. There are no rules set up, I doublechecked. I created the new profile and there is still the same problem. E-mails in Sent Items Folder, which have just been sent, are disappearing in 5 seconds. I can see them only for a while (5 sec) and they go to nowhere.

V

vlad77

There is no virus scanner integration because there is no one installed. I've just realised and that was news for me. That's due to the system was maintained by different person who's left company. I'm trying scanning system with antivirus, but I'm not sure malware cause the problem. But who knows.

V

vlad77

Has anybody any ideas? Should I just reinstall it? Could be there easier way?

R

Roady [MVP]

Which mail account type are you using?

Is this account synched with a mobile device?

Robert Sparnaaij

R

Raju S Das

Try the below mentioned steps check you are able to view all the emails in sent items folder.

Click start> Run> Outlook /cleanviews

V

vlad77

Click start> Run> Outlook /cleanviews

Done. It still doesn't work. An email disappeared from Sent Items Folder in 10 seconds after it'd been sent.

V

vlad77

Is this account synched with a mobile device?No, it is not. There are no mobile devices in use.

R

Raju S Das

Restart your computer in clean boot mode and check if it works fine.

Click on the Microsoft link below to know more about clean boot mode.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Ensure to reset the computer to start in normal mode after you have finished troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.