how do I control the font used when pasting text into an Outlook 2007 email message

W

WSIMVS

how do I control the font used when pasting into an Outlook 2007 email message? My text is in Arial in Word 2007. I want to paste it into an email message in Outlook 2007. When I do so it converts the text to Calabri. In Outlook Mail Format, Stationary and Fonts I have the font set to Arial.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

When you paste into Outlook click the Paste Options icon that appears just below what you just pasted. Select "Use Source Formatting".

W

WSIMVS

Hi Ben, thanks for working on my question. First, when I paste into Outlook, and click on the Paste Options icon I do not get an option to "Use Source Formatting" the closest option I get is "Keep Source Formatting". I'll assume that is what you meant, correct me if I am wrong. In any case my Outlook mail message's Paste Options are already defaulted to "Keep Source Formatting". So I did try reselecting "Keep Source Formatting" to no avail. Next I tried "Match Destination Formatting" from the Paste Options menu and that yielded the result I was looking for. It matched the font from the Word 2007 document where the text was copied to the font I'm using in my email message. While your answer did not work it did lead me to find a workable solution on my own. However, this does not explain why Outlook failed to "Keep Source Formatting" from the source (Word 2007) I copied the text from.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

That's odd - almost sounds like the icons were somehow reversed. Match Destination Formatting kept the source formatting and vice versa? Are you sure you read them correctly?