Outlook 2003 Email Send/Receive error: The operation failed due a registry or registration problem

• Thread starter dosulliv91
  • Start date Views 2,940
D

dosulliv91

We have an instance of Outlook 2003 (Patched to SP3 - 11.8217.8202) that occasionally stops pulling email from the mailbox associated with the default profile. When we attempt to manually retrieve email using the 'Send/Receive' button, the following error is displayed: " The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall."

Upon a restart, email polling appears to resume as normal and the error above disappears. Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

D

dosulliv91

You need a new profile - see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315048

Diane - I checked that the KB you mentioned and I have no issues referencing the 'Tools' -> ' Email Accounts' option. At least not normally - I'll check that next time we see the error. Given that my problem is so intermittent and not consistent as that KB seems to indicate the problem should be, is the issue still likely to be profile related?

EDIT: Nevermind - I failed to see that the article also referenced the 'Send/Receive' function. I'll give the profile recreation a try.