Changing Message Subject by dragging

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rjs8

In earlier versions of Outlook, I was able to select one or a group of messages and drag them over another message to change their subject line to be the same. It seems I can no longer do this in Outlook 2010.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Which version of Outlook you were using earlier (e.g. Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 etc..)?

Well, you can drag and drop the message to some other folder, but you cannot drag and drop the message on another message.

Drag and drop of message to another folder will not change the subject line.

Ruchi Bisht

R

rjs8

I'm using Outlook 2010.

Here's the problem. I subscribe to a number of Yahoo groups on a technical hobby. Sometimes I want to save a complete conversation . Often, some of the messages in a conversation will come in with "RE:" in the subject line, so Outlook 2010 sorts them into different groups. The conversation tracking ("Date Conversation") doesn't recognize that they are related. In Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007, I could select the messages with "RE" as a group and drag them over the group without the "RE", and they would change their subject. Now I have to go into each message individually and edit the subject line.

What I'm asking then is how to get back to the convenient functionality of the earlier versions of Outlook in this regard.

rs

M

Michael Bauer [MVP]

Indeed, you can change some properties by grouping by that property, then dragging messages to another group. However, with the Subject or Conversation field it didn't work in OL07 either. It does work, for instance, for the Categories property.

Michael Bauer
Category Manager - Easily share your categories

Status
Not open for further replies.