Problem with "User Account Control" on Microsoft Outlook 2010

• Thread starter Hershel Parker
  • Start date Views 1,509
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hershel Parker

I have had Microsoft Outlook 2010 for a few months, replacing Outlook Express. Lately when I click on Outlook 2010 a box comes up headed " User Account Control" which asks me if I want to allow the following program (Outlook 2010) to make changes to my computer. If I say YES my Outlook 2010 opens. How do I get back to having Outlook 2010 open directly?

E

Ezil Vinoth

Check in safe mode:

Hold the Ctrl key and click on Outlook icon and open in safe mode, now check with Outlook. If you are able to work without any issues then it is due to add-ins you were not able to open. Follow the steps below and disable add-ins in Outlook 2010.

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on File> options> Add-ins

3. Click on "GO" beside Manage – COM Add-ins and uncheck the add-ins and click ok.

4. Close and open Outlook and check to open add-ins

Also check if Outlook is running in the compatibility mode.

In Windows 7 64bit -

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe > right click on it > properties > compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program in compatibility with…” and check if Outlook is working.

In Windows 7 32bit -

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe > right click on it > properties > compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program in compatibility with…” and check if Outlook is working.

If the above steps do not fix the issue, create new profile and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.