How can I delete stationery from Actions, New Mail Message Using in outlook 2007?

• Thread starter Leh1401
  • Start date Views 1,930
L

Leh1401

I have several in there that I would like to remove from the list on my wifes computer. It will make my life better.

Thanks

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You need to remove them from the Stationery folder in %appdata%\microsof\stationery - paste that path in the Start search field and press enter to go to the stationery folder. There is also stationery in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery

L

Leh1401

Thank you for the response. I have removed them from the folders but they are still displayed in the New Message Mail Using drop down menu. I now have several email stationery in the drop down menu that point to nowhere. How do I get them out of the drop down menu?

I though about backing up Outlook, deleting Outlook and reinstalling the bck-up but i'll still be faced with the same situation.

Raewyn

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
In the EMO email on 24 April 2015, it talks about mail templates and says, "To use it, select it from the New Items, Email Messages Using. The first time you use it, you'll need to select it from More Stationery dialog; after the first user it will be listed on the Email Message Using menu."

I am wanting to remove what is listed on the Email Message Using menu. I searched for the template and deleted it from all Stationery folders but it is still listed on the menu. Is creating a new profile still the only way to fix this? (Outlook 2013)

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yeah, the answers on this thread are wrong (I don't know what I was thinking with my answer!) - it's stored in an MRU key in the registry. You can't edit the list, only delete the value and remove all from the list. (A new profile would fix it, but that is overkill.)

For Outlook 2013, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/clearing-outlook-2013-mru-lists/ - (the keys are the same between current versions but the profile key moved. )

Short version: key under the profile: 0a0d020000000000c000000000000046
Delete this value: 101f035e