Emails STILL disapearing in Outlook 2010

• Thread starter Canon1013
  • Start date Views 1,691
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Canon1013

When I recieve emails I can see the notice that they have arrived, but they disapear immediatly. If I am not in Outlook, I can get them through the web mail, but they will be gone in my outlook by the time i get home.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Do you have any filters applied? What view are you using? (View | Change View) to check.

Do you have any rules running that might move them?

After they disappear from Outlook do they STILL appear in web mail?

What kind of account is this? POP3? IMAP? Hotmail? Exchange? Something else?

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Do they disappear before or after you read them? There is a view setting in Outlook that will hide read messages; this has the effect of making them vanish as soon as Outlook marks them read, either through opening them or through viewing them in the Reading Pane. In Outlook 2010, click the " View" tab, click " Change View" , and make sure that " Unread Mail" is NOT selected.Hal

C

Canon1013

No filters, compact view and no rules. Yes they still appear in web mail. This is a POP3

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

If you Search All folders in Outlook do you find them anywhere? Deleted Items? Junk E-mail?

C

Canon1013

I can see them coming in, through the notice window, then before I get to read them they go away. I do not find the Unread Mail tab?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Scroll down the Folder list on the Navigation Pane. How many message stores do you have? Is there perhaps ANOTHER Inbox folder below the one you're seeing at the top?

C

Canon1013

Ok, I think I found them. They are in a McAfee anti-spam folder under the inbox tab in the navigation pane. How do I change this?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

You'll need to adjust the settings on McAfee AntiSpam - or disable McAfee entirely. Can you dial down McAfee so that it doesn't flag EVERYTHING as junk mail?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Well...I don't use any 3rd party anti-spam products myself. I just use what's integrated into Outlook plus the Exchange server stuff. You could try turning off McAfee and tuning the Outlook anti-spam filter see if that's good enough. If not you could turn McAfee back on but play with the settings on it so that it doesn't catch ALL of your mail.

Unfortunately I don't use McAfee so I can't really advise you on how to adjust McAfee's settings - but I'm sure it must have a set of controls that let you tell it how sensitive to be. You probably have it set to " Very High" right now.

E

Emeka08

I have AVAST free anti virus and does not have antispam in it. I cannot see my email after downloading in any folder. Please help, Mr. Schorr

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

No, but it DOES have an email scanner, something you neither need nor want installed. Uninstall Avast!, then re-install it without the email scanning options.

Why You Don't Need Your Anti-Virus Program to Scan Your E-MailHal

K

Kappy5003

Hi, I have same problem. Running Windows 7Ultimate, Office 2010 professional with Microsoft Security Essentials.

I've tried to access Windows online support but seems to be designed to keep people out rather than assisting.

When I''m checking between email account Outlook seems slow and I get NOT RESPONDING message.

2010 is proclaimed as being easier, I wonder I hear a lot of talk about changing views, but struggle to comprehend some of the terms, really quite a novice here.

Is there somewhere I can get simple guidance on how this should be set up???

Stragly I some old sent massages that may have been retrieved from backup on another parttion.

Yesterday I received 60 emails saw them all there,open the 1st one and they all disappeared.Are they hidden somewhere or are they in cyber space, maybe I need to reload Office???

I managed to nearly access Microsoft support and when asked for product key was told not registered or valid even though registered online when loading.???Confusing

I have on different forums trying to find answers, but to no avail, some answers seem to technical surely there some people that talk simple talk, please

Status
Not open for further replies.