Error when synchronizing using Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rcditto

Task <my email address> reported error (0x800410003) : 'The server reported a temporary error. Error: 5102. Server. CRC does not match, data corrupted. '

I can go to hotmail and login via the web just fine, but I can't synchronize. I'm using Windows 7 Ult 64-bit, Office 2010 32-bit, and the 32-bit Outlook Connector. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the connector. I've also tried deleting my outlook profile and recreating it. The same problem happens if I run Outlook /Safe.

Anyone got any ideas?

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Uninstall the version of outlook connector installed in the machine.

Try the following steps given below:

1) Remove the Hotmail account from Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to remove accounts from Outlook
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012316341033.aspx

2) Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account

a. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run

b. Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press "Enter":
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

3) Delete the .ost file(s) from the above location

4) Next configure the Hotmail account using Outlook connector in Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to add Windows Live account in Outlook.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx

Ganesh Kumar N

R

rcditto

Thanks for replying Ganesh!

I did all of the above steps, excluding step 2 (Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account). Where do I complete that step? Of note, after downloading and installing the Outlook Connector I don't have it listed in the Programs menu. Should I?

Thanks for your time on this!

Chris

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Do you have a click to run version of office 2010

Go to the location c:\userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. If you have the Hotmail ost files in the location, delete the files. You can also do a search for .ost files on the computer and delete the file.

It seems the outlook connector installation is corrupted. Try to reinstall the program. If you still face the same issue, remove outlook connector manually from the computer and reinstall outlook connector.

http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/0fcdeb29-25ff-4a7c-bb0a-d21622081e2f

Ganesh Kumar N

R

rcditto

Not sure what you mean about click-to-run version. My outlook install is a single-file .exe.

I had no other OST files except for the ones in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Sorry for the delay in replying. Unfortunately my issue is not fixed yet. I followed your steps in the thread you mentioned and manually uninstalled the connector, then installed it again from the MS download site.

Any more ideas? :)

Chris

R

rcditto

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for researching, however that issue is not the same issue I'm having.

They are getting:

Error: 5102. Server. Maximum request length exceeded..

I'm getting:

Error: 5102. Server. CRC does not match, data corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.