Error Code 0x8004003 Unable to synchronize due to hierarchy of folders?

• Thread starter drinkwa2
  • Start date Views 2,420
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drinkwa2

Have been having problems synchronizing my email messages over the past two days. The messages do not come into my Inbox in my sympatico email account....they just appear in my 'Outlook Data File' folder? When I open the Synch Issues folder....I see a whole list of 'error messages' from today & yesterday....such as:

13:00:55 Synchronizer Version 14.0.5117

13:00:55 Synchronizing Mailbox 'my mailbox@sympatico.ca'

13:00:55 Synchronizing Hierarchy

13:00:55 1 folder(s) updated in online store

13:00:55 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'CanAssistAfrica'

13:00:55 1 item(s) updated in online folder

13:00:55 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'CIES-CIDE'

13:00:55 3 item(s) updated in online folder

13:00:55 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Friends'

Just noticed some other important notes at the bottom of the " log" :

12:26:30 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Sent Items'

12:26:36 Error Synchronizing Message

12:26:36 Error with Send/Receive.

12:26:36 Folder Collection Sync Key: 0{2920a743-fd85-4993-8090-0455d4e5c2f2}513

12:26:36 Message Collection Sync Key: 0{a28d7600-bbf5-422a-bfda-55a878b1020e}510

12:32:11 The server reported a temporary error.

12:32:11 Error: 5102. Server. Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown..

12:32:11

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Do you have a live or Hotmail account configured with outlook connector?

If so, which version of outlook connector do you use?

To check if you have a live account, go to file-> account settings. If you have an outlook connector account then try the steps below.

1. Check under control panel-> programs and features and Remove Outlook Connector 12.1/ 14 and reinstall the Outlook connector 14.

2. Remove and add the Hotmail account(s) through Outlook connector.

3. If the issue still persists then remove the account and delete the OST files from the following location and re-add the Hotmail account.

Click on start > All programs > Accessories > Run > copy and paste the following text in Open field and then press Enter: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Delete the .ost file(s) associated with the problem Hotmail account from the current folder location.

Refer the link to download and install outlook connector 14:-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

Ganesh Kumar N

D

drinkwa2

Hi Ganesh: Don't know what happened....but I had removed the Outlook Connector, downloaded & run the new Outlook Connector (version 14). There were two entries in my Account Settings associated with my email address. The one with a checkmark was at MAPI type and the other was a POP/SMTP. Decided to delete the MAPI one and then I called Bell Tech support.

The Bell Tech support person said that everything was OK because I could now send & receive email. BUT the main folder that was the InBox that my emails came into (& was associated with my Hotmail account)....& all of my 'sub-folders' that were under it....were GONE!! When I opened my Hotmail, I could see that the folders were still there, but it was no longer linked with my Outlook for some reason?? I have re-created all of the sub-folders in my Outlook, under my Inbox, but somehow I seem to have lost my link between the sub-folders in Outlook and in Hotmail?? The Bell Tech support said that I could just move all the emails from each folder on Hotmail (one folder at a time) into my InBox on Hotmail & then they would be transferred over to Outlook.....where I could open them & move them into each of the New sub-folders that I have created.....BUT then they are no longer present in the Hotmail folders if I am working on a computer that doesn't have Outlook??

Prior to all these issues today, I was able to see all my subfolders on BOTH Outlook and Hotmail....help!!

G

Ganesh Kumar N

When you configure the Hotmail id as POP account, the outlook data will be saved locally on to the computer as .pst file. However if the account is configured as IMAP, the data will be on the server and only a copy/mirror image will be downloaded into outlook and stored as .ost (offline storage file) file and folders can be viewed in outlook.

In this case once the MAPI account is removed from outlook, the subfolders synced with the server will also be removed from outlook. The data will still be available on the server. So if the account is re-configured as MAPI account, you will be able to see all the subfolders.

Refer the link on different between IMAP and POP account:-

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/introduction-to-e-mail-account-types-HA010355550.aspx#_Toc252630994

Ganesh Kumar N

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
5102 means there is an issue syncing to the server - in some cases its because there a large file (near or over 4 MB) that is stuck trying to sync. Move it to a local pst or Shift+Delete it from Outlook. If you switch to a POP account and deleted the messages from the server, it should sync correctly as long as you don't try to move the problemic messages back to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.