Microsoft Office professional plus 2010 attachments not being received by recipients?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malarky86

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my Microsoft Office 2007 to office 2010 under the microsoft home user programme. It installed fine and appeared to be all well. i have sent a few e-mails using outlook with attachments (wmv 3mb and an adobe file 897kb) which have not been received by some of my friends? I am running windows 7 home premium with Mcafee internet security.

I have researched this problem which appears to be reasonably common or so it seems. There is information about a 32 or n64 bit patch which adjust registry size/ i have tried this to no avail?

Normal text e-mails go through no problems its just the attachments that don't seem to go through. Nothing is stuck in my outbox and on my sent items the e-mail appears to have gone without problem?

iIam at my tether and would appreciate any assistance at all?

Thanks

Malarky

G

Gordon B-P

Are your friends who don't receive the attachments using email clients other than Outlook?If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

M

malarky86

Hi Gordon,

I am sorry to say i have no idea I can certainly ask and report back to you?

M

malarky86

Hi Gordon, well I can tell you that one friend is based in Hong Kong he receives everything fine no problem, another is based in Herfordshire UK and does not receive attachments, both use Outlook as e-mail programme???

Ray

G

Gordon B-P

Does your friend in Hertfordshire (where I used to live!) see the email with a SIZE that indicates the attachment ought to be there, or is it just the size a text email would be? (If that's clear!)If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

M

malarky86

Gordon, one of my friends has replied he uses windows live mail as his e-mail programme? He gets no attachements but the people using outlook seem okay??

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Gordon, one of my friends has replied he uses windows live mail as his e-mail programme? He gets no attachements but the people using outlook seem okay??

What message format are you using to send the attachment? Try plain text and see if it works.

Was the message your friend received large enough that the attachment could be hidden on it? If so you are sending the message in RTF format and only other outlook users can 'read' rtf, seehttp://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.asp for settings to check.

M

malarky86

Hi Diane I tried that no joy? This is so frustrating! Out of around 150 people all but a handful don't get the attachments, three are windows live users? Is it a software problem at their end and nothing to do with me? How can some get the attachment and some don't???

Regards

Ray

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you sending to the 150 in one message? If so, and if everyone else get it, its something on their end (unless its RTF, then its your problem). If its at their end, its their antivirus software removing or blocking it.

Is the message size in their inbox close to the size of the attachment? Ie, if you send a 100 KB attachment, is the message in the recipients inbox a few KB or a little over 100KB?

M

malarky86

Hi Diane, no I am not sending to all 150 in one go. The message is received with the size of the attachment but it just does not arrive? I think its their end not mine as you state?

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.