Moving multiple emails from draft folder to outbox

• Thread starter Mark W G
  • Start date Views 3,703
M

Mark W G

I have an application which creates e-mails based on criteria in external files and puts the custom e-mails into the Draft folder. In previous versions of Outlook I could select all the messages in the Draft folder and move them all at once into the Outbox folder where they would then be e-mailed. It seems that in Outlook 2010 I have to move each individual message and can not move them as a group into the Outbox.

Any suggestions if I am doing something wrong or anyway to get around this problem?

P

Priyalatha Narayan

Highlight one of the emails in the Drafts folder > Ctrl +A (this would select all the emails) > Now Drag and drop the emails into Outbox.

M

Mark W G

I am sorry but I did not explain the complete problem. The messages get moved to the outbox folder but when I click on Send / Receive all, the e-mail messages are not sent out. They just stay there. In previous versions once I clicked on Send / Receive all the messages were sent.

P

Priyalatha Narayan

Are there any emails with large attachments in Outbox?

If yes, move the large emails to drafts and then send them individually.

M

Mark W G

No - None of the e-mails in the draft folder have any attachment. The e-mails are rather small. There was no problem with previous version of Outlook. Once they were moved to the Outbox they were all sent out after clicking on Send / Receive.

P

Priyalatha Narayan

What is the antivirus installed on the computer?

Check if this issue occurs inclean boot.

Note: Restart the computer to Normal mode.