Outlook 2003 alert problem

H

Henry

How can I turn Outlook alerts off?

When I try to send an email from my Excel VBA program I get the following

alert.

"A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you

want to allow this?"

Yes, No or Cancel.

Is there a way to either turn off the alert or automatically answer Yes.

Relevent part of program:

-------------Set appOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set appMess = appOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)

For cnt = 1 To 99

If ISLIKE(Cells(cnt, 12).Value, "*@*") Then 'does cell contain email

address?

appMess.To = "Valid.e-mail@address"

appMess.Subject = "tester"

appMess.Body = "test"

appMess.Send <------ this causes alert to show

End If

Next cnt

appMess.Quit

appOL.Quit

Set appOL = Nothing

Set appMess = Nothing

-------------------------
Henry
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52 for your options with

regard to the "object model guard" security.

Sue Mosher

"Henry" <henry.best@no_way.com> wrote in message

news:jCkJl.80591$vI1.16253@newsfe14.ams2...
> How can I turn Outlook alerts off?

> When I try to send an email from my Excel VBA program I get the following
> alert.
> "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you
> want to allow this?"
> Yes, No or Cancel.

> Is there a way to either turn off the alert or automatically answer Yes.

> Relevent part of program:
> -------------------------------------------> Set appOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> Set appMess = appOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)

> For cnt = 1 To 99
> If ISLIKE(Cells(cnt, 12).Value, "*@*") Then 'does cell contain
> email address?
> appMess.To = "Valid.e-mail@address"
> appMess.Subject = "tester"
> appMess.Body = "test"
> appMess.Send <------ this causes alert to show

> End If
> Next cnt

> appMess.Quit
> appOL.Quit
> Set appOL = Nothing
> Set appMess = Nothing

> -------------------------
> Henry
>
 
H

Henry

Thanks Sue.

Sue Mosher [MVP] wrote:
> See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52 for your options
> with regard to the "object model guard" security.

> "Henry" <henry.best@no_way.com> wrote in message
> news:jCkJl.80591$vI1.16253@newsfe14.ams2...
> > How can I turn Outlook alerts off?
>

>> When I try to send an email from my Excel VBA program I get the
> > following alert.
> > "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do
> > you want to allow this?"
> > Yes, No or Cancel.
>

>> Is there a way to either turn off the alert or automatically answer
> > Yes. Relevent part of program:
> > -------------------------------------------> > Set appOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> > Set appMess = appOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
>

>> For cnt = 1 To 99
> > If ISLIKE(Cells(cnt, 12).Value, "*@*") Then 'does cell contain
> > email address?
> > appMess.To = "Valid.e-mail@address"
> > appMess.Subject = "tester"
> > appMess.Body = "test"
> > appMess.Send <------ this causes alert to show
>

>> End If
> > Next cnt
>

>> appMess.Quit
> > appOL.Quit
> > Set appOL = Nothing
> > Set appMess = Nothing
>

>> ------------------------->

>> Henry
 

Top