Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

• Thread starter spariscoff
  • Start date Views 5,265
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spariscoff

This is received regularly with many entries (5-20 per day) it contains attachments sent to me and some of my friends and associates along with many of whom I do not know. Is there a procedure to clean this up?

Brian Tillman

If you're receiving delivery failure notices, then you'll have to check with the people who run your outgoing server. The full text of the error will give an indication of what went wrong.

S

spariscoff

Brian;
Thank you for the reply. This is not just an e-mail that I have sent, it is a recurring response from internet land as a result of a virus that my system had encountered about 8-10 months ago. I was using McAffee virus protection when the virus hit. McAffee could not get rid of it so I reformated and reinstalled all of my programs and changed to another virus protection. I have had no problems with my e-mails sending/receiving at all. After the virus, these started in droves. At first they were comming in at a rate of 20+ per day 2 or 3 times per day. Each time that I checked my e-mail I would have a slew of them, I would select all and delete them now they have slowed to the rate that I have described earlier. It is some sort of virus or worm that had infected my e-mail and began sending them out from my address book and now has spread to people that I do not know. I do not accept forwards from anyone except a select few and scan them before openning.
How can i locate the source and terminate it there?

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.