Outlook 2010 Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SJMP

ON the setting under Miscellaneous\PST Settings\ Prevent Users from adding new content to existing .pst's. the description refers to .pst's linked to their profiles. Trying to discern if this applys to:

User A has exchange mailbox. They add pop3 accounts to the same profile. pop3 are using .pst's, exchange mailbox is using .ost only. Will this GPO setting stop them from getting new emails downloaded to their pop3 accounts?

And does this GPO also become effective if a user only logs on to outlook anywhere?

In ADM template I cannot see where I can disable the option under Mailbox Cleanup - Empty Deleted Items Folder.

Thanks - SJMP

J

Jahawk

Hi SJMP!

Prevent Users from adding new content to existing .pst's – should prevent existing PSTs (even those associated with POP accounts) to not accept new items. The users could change their POP accounts to deliver mail to their Exchange accounts.
Instead, you could use the “Prevent users from adding PSTs” option to allow existing PSTs (including those associated with POP accounts) to continue being used.

This requires the workstation to log into the domain to pull the group policy settings, therefore it will not be implemented if the user only logs on to outlook anywhere.

Empty the Deleted Items Folder when Outlook closes is under “Outlook Options” à “Other”.

Hope that helps,

Jahawk MSFT

S

SJMP

Thanks JaHawk

Even if those .pst are for non exchange accounts? Does that seem odd that GPO can have those affective rights? Or is it just anything under the single profile that the GPO will override settings for?
- I was able to disable the ...when outlook closes" but the option Mailbox Cleanup\Empty Deleted Items Folder - I cannot find in GPO where to disable that. I was able to disable Auto Archive option on that menu.

I just posted this question on another post if you want to answer there.

Also I never get the emails telling me someone replied. Any ideas? Not blocking..

thanks as always.

SJMP

Status
Not open for further replies.