Outlook 'Search All Contact Items' suddenly stopped finding matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

webstuff

Hi. Not sure how, but all of a sudden Outlook returns "No matches found for" whenever I attempt a search using "Search All Contact Items" option from within the contacts pane.

After I enter the search name, for example "brown", Outlook changes the Scope to "All Contact Items" and returns the message "No matches found for 'brown'," even though I can see the name brown in the contact list after I exit the search.

If I keep the search and change the Scope to "Current Folder" Outlook instantly displays all of the "brown" entries in my contacts list.

Can anyone help me figure out what changed and how to get my system to find all of the "brown" contact entries while the Scope is set to "All Contact Items?"

I'd also like to know if it's possible to define the format of the search results (business card, card, phone, etc.).

Thanks for any help you can provide!

John

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

What"s the version of your Outlook program?

Try to rebuild Outlook search index:

============

1. Click Start, in the Search box, type Indexing, and open Indexing Options under Control Panel.

2. Click Advanced, click the Index Settings tab, and then click Rebuild. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Restart Outlook and check the results again.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Status
Not open for further replies.