Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook to no longer be able to send or receive email.

• Thread starter BozoBlippo
  • Start date Views 642
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BozoBlippo

Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook 2010 to no longer be able to send or receive email. The Send/Receive button disappears. I added a second Send/Receive button which remains, but clicking it returns the error message "Not Implemented". Nothing I've tried except doing a full repair of Office fixes the Outlook Send/Receive problem.

I'm an Access developer so need to be able to run Access 2003, 2007 and 2010. I'm running Windows 7 Pro and Office 2010 Pro Plus. Sure would appreciate any help. Doing a repair every time I switch is getting VERY old!

BTW: I've been in the field since 1968 and taught college level CIS for 28 years... just so you don't ask if I've configured an email account in Outlook :>).

H

Harry Yuan

Hi,

From your description , I understand that the send and receive button missed in your Outlook 2010 when your switch Access from 2010 to 2007 or 2003.

It might be caused by corruption in the outlook profile.

Try a new Outlook profile to test the results:

Test with a new Outlook profile

1. Exit Outlook.

2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4. Click Add.

5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

Sincerely,

Harry

B

BozoBlippo

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try, but don't expect that this is the problem as I can do the repair which doesn't touch the profile, and the Send/Receive button is back. Even if that does fix the problem, I sure don't want to have to create a new profile every time I switch versions :>). I'll let you know how I make out.

Have a sparkling week.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.