Outlook 2010 Conversation Feature - Needs another option

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Woodward

I used the Outlook 2007 Conversation feature and liked it. When I first saw the Outlook 2010 Conversation feature I liked it even better as I could Expand to include my own responses. Now that I'm using it, it doesn't do the trick for me. I believe it works more or less per the intent, but I believe it needs some additional help, and it's definitely a bit buggy.

With as many emails as I get, and a lot of long threads included, I need to have all of the conversations "expanded", but not by the 2010 definition of expanded. I need all of the conversations to present like the selected one does. I guess my brain remembers who sent something, and that it's in a recent conversation. That worked well in the 2007 presentation with the items expanded at that level. Now I find it very difficult to find items that are buried in a collapsed conversation. It has become so frustrating that I find myself better off turning off conversation personation and just going with date order, and that's a real bummer. This is a big leap backwards.

Any chance I've missed some setting somewhere, or that there is anything on the development backlog to add some extended features to 2010 Conversation presentations?

D

David Woodward

I am going to abandon the Conversation view, and that makes me sad. My experience this morning, which has been frequent, just very frustrating this morning, was that with all collapsed, I completely missed a meeting request. If was there burried because someone had responded to the request with an email. That response automatically burried the meeting request in a collapsed conversation, and unless I go down through each conversation, opening each, I don't see the things that are burried. Perhaps this works for people who don't get much email, but when it's hundreds a day on many threads, this conversation view implementation misses the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.