Create Mailing Labels using Contacts in Outlook 2010

• Thread starter MargueriteHagen
  • Start date Views 2,652
M

MargueriteHagen

I upgraded my MS Office Pro 2003 to Office Pro Plus 2010. My operating system is Windows XP Professional. I have been trying to create mailing labels using my contacts from Outlook 2010. These are the steps I followed:
In Word, on the Mailings tab, in the Start Mail Merge group, click Start Mail Merge and then click the type of document that you want to make. I choose labels then select the type of label I want. In the Start Mail Merge group, click Select Recipients, and then click Select from Outlook Contacts.

I get an error message " Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source" .

I have tried using the wizard and get the same error message. I have checked in Outlook and the properties of the Contacts folder is set to " Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" .

Is there something I need to do to get this to work?

J

Jennifer Zhan

Hi,

To avoid getting these irritating messages during a mail merge:
On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options. On the Programs tab, under E-mail, click Microsoft Office Outlook, and click OK.

When you start Word again and try to connect to your Outlook Contacts folder during a mail merge, things should work just fine.

For more information, you can refer to this article:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/answer-box-common-problems-when-using-e-mail-contacts-in-word-mail-merge-HA001118636.aspx

Hope that helps.

M

MargueriteHagen

That was the setting already so this didn't fix the problem.

I am using IE8 and Office 2010 Pro Plus. The answer you gave me only referred to Office verisons up to 2003. Is there another fix for 2010?

I would hate to have to retype all these contacts again! Please help!