outlook 2010 is not saving sent mail in sent items folder and sometimes after appearing in sent item

• Thread starter Bill 01462
  • Start date Views 1,573
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill 01462

I am using Outlook as the client for an IMAP set up web email account, but can only get Outlook to save sent mail if I tick the 'save to computer' box. If I try to specify save to the correct 'sent items' in the relevent email folder it can temporarily appear in the folder but disappears after a few minutes. Sometimes the sent item appears in the relevent 'inbox'. The problem with using the 'save to computer' option is that the host email account doesn't receive or save a copy of that mail and if I have a system failure then I'll have no record of those sent items. This is not peculiar to Outlook 2010- I also have a PC running 2007 and that has exactly the same problem.

H

Harry Yuan

Hi,

From your description , I understand that the sent emails did not saved in the Sent Items folder and disappear or appear from time to time.

Try a new Outlook profile to test the issue:

Test with a new Outlook profile

1. Exit Outlook.

2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4. Click Add.

5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. You can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

Sincerely,

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.