cannot remove email account type = Microsoft Exxchange

D

dh-wild

I was trying to set up a new email account & stupidly did so manually as server setting - TYPE =Microsoft Server. I have since set up the correct email account IMAP/SMTP. This is the default setting but I cannot delete the server one. Whatever I set it at, I get an error msg when I try to open OUtlook 2010 "Outlook cannot log in. Verify your connection to the network and are using the proper server and mailboc. The connection to MS Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

I feel it is trying to connect to the bogus server setup instead of the mail account. how can I get rid of this setting?

T

TWHarrington

Go to the Control Panel and open the Mail app. You should be able to open your profile and see both your IMAP and Exchange accout. Delete the Exchange account entry. If this doesn't work, then delete your profile and start over again with just the IMAP profile.

D

dh-wild

I wish I could do a screen shot & post. I deleted my account & the only one left is this TYPE = Microsoft Exchange (send from this account by default) When I go to delete this, pop up window - You cannot delete this Outlook data file. Configuration information in this file is being copied to your new default data file. You can delete the file after this information is copied. If I go to the Data Files tab, try to delete from there, I get the pop up - The default file cannot be removed, because it is your default delivery location. After you have seleted a different default directory it can be removed.

Seems I am in a loop

T

TWHarrington

Just try to set up a new profile. In the Control Panel -> Mail app, click the show profiles button and create a new one. You should be able to delete your other profile from that window as well.